John Kerr is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to John Kerr or which is provided to John Kerr by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is Andrew Kerr a partner with the firm of John Kerr. John Kerr is a partnership based at Wilcoxholm, Edinburgh Road, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 6QT. United Kingdom.
We have a Data Protection Officer, Andrew Kerr, who you can contact on 01506 842280 or via email email@example.com should you have any comments or queries in relation to this policy or John Kerr’s use of your personal information.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
John Kerr collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
John Kerr collects the following types of personal information from you:
- Date of Birth
- Address and address history
- Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Vehicle and/or machine registration and identification numbers
- Telematics information about the location of your vehicle and/or machine
How do we receive personal information about you?
John Kerr receives personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly, visit our website john-kerr.com , or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- John Kerr is an approved dealer of J C Bamford Excavators (JCB). If you approach JCB they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
- From our machinery & service suppliers, and our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services, such as introducing brokers, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies or trade bodies.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
John Kerr may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering-into, or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
- Ensure any offers of legitimate interest provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate JCB Livelink or any successor telematics system operating on JCB Products that have been supplied by us. We may use this system to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such JCB Products.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
John Kerr will provide your personal information to:
- The JCB group if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products.
- Our affiliated suppliers & service providers, if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products & or services.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd.
- Fraud prevention agencies, trade bodies and credit reference agencies
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by John Kerr. We may also keep certain paper records that are securely stored in lockable filing cabinets with limited access in secure premises.
How long will we keep personal information about you?
John Kerr will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of [25 years] thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of [20 years] from the date of the record. All SalesMaster quotes will be kept for 12 months from the point of quote.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
John Kerr does not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect it to the standard required in the EEA.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by John Kerr
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by John Kerr.
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. You can also opt-out from us passing your information to the other businesses listed above for direct marketing purposes. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Data protection department
EH49 6QT UK.